Sonntag, 3. Juli 2011

6 Things I Hate About Flickr


I pay for fast internet and a Flickr pro account so I can conveniently upload and archive my photos online, but I find I’m not always rewarded adequately for this.
After last night (4 hours of repeated photo uploads) I need to get this off my chest:

6 Things I Hate Most About Flickr
  1. It’s flippin’ awkward to use. It takes forever to find your way around the various tabs and even then, they’re just not logically structured. Which brings me to
  2. Editing, deleting and organizing pictures is a pain in the ass, since you can’t do any of these things in any of the more viewer-friendly modes; besides, you can’t edit/delete in the same tab where you organize, i.e. manage which pics go in which albums. Which brings me to 
  3. You need a lot of clicks to do a simple thing.
  4. The ‘photostream’ concept. If, like me, you often post a series of pictures you want viewed in the order they were taken, not in the exact opposite order, you’ll understand why I hate the way, by default, photos appear on Flickr. 
  5. It is bug-prone. For example, it deleted a whole album yesterday after I merely deleted a portion of the pictures that were in it. The upload tool is a disaster and very unreliable. In general, Flickr is slow on the uptake: frequently, it won’t even register that a button was clicked on, so you have to click a couple more times for the action to happen. Which is related to
  6. It is S-L-O-W. My uploads take forever (sometimes. Well, make that most of the time – or else it wouldn’t be a good rant).

1 Kommentar:

  1. I have a Flickr account, but I rarely use it. I much prefer Picasa from Google. I don't generally do a lot with photos, though.

    AntwortenLöschen