Samstag, 9. Juli 2011

Top 10 Horrible Things to Say to a Distraught Friend

  1. It can’t be that bad. (Oh yes, it can.)
  2. If you had done this (xyz), all of this could have been prevented.
  3. You’re looking at this the wrong way.
  4. Everything happens for a reason.
  5. You need to focus on the good in this. (You mean things like ‘I’m not dead; not yet’?)
  6. There are people that are much worse off than you. (Right. Sorrow is only legit if you are living in a third-world country, are missing at least one limb, and/or have lost a loved one to natural disaster.)
  7. You’re making it all worse by being so negative.
  8.  When I was in your situation, I did (insert cool & composed course of action here). (Huh? You’ve NEVER been in my situation.)
  9. Look, my dog puked on my carpet this morning, so I have too much going on in my own life right now to listen to you complain.
  10. You should stop dragging (your partner, child, parents) down with your misery.

1 Kommentar:

  1. 11. "That's life." (Your passive acceptance of my misery is duly noted.)

    AntwortenLöschen